Engineering is focused on keeping the product stable and shielding the team from unexpected changes in direction. They’re extremely pragmatic and detail-oriented, and often look to understand the “why” behind decisions.
- Known defects per release
- Progress against product roadmap
- What’s coming up that could derail my team’s progress?
- Are there any blockers out there we don’t know about yet?
- What’s currently affecting the stability of the product?
- How can I keep people from spending all day complaining?
- Maximize product stability
- Minimize interruptions that derail the product
- Maximize engagement of engineering team
- Improve development velocity
Process Will Help
- Reduce unexpected blockers or changes in product direction
- Increase productivity of all engineers, especially new ones
- Reduce issues caused by poor communication
- Increase quality and quantity of feedback between team members